API Coupler For Filling & Unloading
Series 513 Snap-On API Coupler
The Excel Loading series 513 semi-automatic coupler is used in the petrochemical industry when a dry coupling is required. It is mainly used to connect a bottom loading arm or a hose to a tanker equipped with a bottom loading adapter manufactured according to API RP 1004 standard regulations. The Excel Loading 513 coupler allows the final connection of the loading operation to be leak free and totally safe conditions for operators.
How API Couplers Works
Pressing the coupler to the adapter, the 5 locking lugs of the coupler automatically hook to the adaptor and the outer ring moves front-ward fixing its position. The operator has to turn the lever counter clockwise to start the delivery.
There is double security:
- The flow can be started only when the coupler is hooked
- It’s not possible to disconnect the coupler when the lever is in the open position.
To terminate the delivery, rotate the lever clockwise and to disconnect the coupler by pulling the
Snap-On API Coupler Technical Information
- Design pressure: 145 psi (10 bar)
- Test pressure: 217 psi (15 bar)
- Working pressure: 43-72 psi (3-5 bar)
- Max coupling pressure: 100 psi (7 bar)
- Max flow-rate: 660 GPM (150 m3/h 2500 lpm)
- Rear flange: 4” TTMA
The main components are made of aluminum alloy while standard seals are either Viton or Buna and require simple maintenance. All parts subject to wear are hard coated.
- HNBR (Buna) seals: -40 / 150 °F (-40/+65 °C) PN XL513API-01
- VITON seals: 5 / 150°F (-15 / +65 °C) PN XL513API-02
|COUPLER ASSEMBLY||COUPLER REBUILD KIT||COUPLER SEAL KIT|