A-Frame Bottom Loading Arm (AF-54)
Our A-Frame Bottom Transfer Loading Arm (AF-54) is designed for applications where extended reach is needed if vehicles cannot be accurately spotted for loading. A-Frame bottom loader arms store with the primary in a vertical position. When extended, the primary arm and drop pipe or hose create an “A” shape. Used when space overhead is available for the riser pipe, either hose or pipe can be used in the drop section to reach the connection point.
Available in Right Hand or Left Hand, Up Feed or Down Feed and Horizontal Feed Loading configurations.
A-Frame Bottom Loading Arm Accessories
- Lockdown Device
- API Coupler
- Drop Hose
- Vacuum Breaker
- Steam Jacket
- Pneumatic Balance
- Hydraulic Balance
A-Frame Bottom Loading Arm Applications
- The A-frame bottom loading arms can be spaced horizontally on 24″ centerlines which allow multiple arms to be installed in a confined area.
- Tight spacing allows use in applications where multiple products are loaded into trucks in the same bay (such as Petroleum Terminals).
- Up and down rotation conforms to the API loading envelope as defined by API 1004RP.
- Longer A-frame arms are often used in top loading and unloading on railcars; common in closed fill applications where the arm connects to a nozzle on the railcar.
Benefits & Specifications for A-Frame Bottom Loader
The AF-54 Bottom loading arm has many benefits for a variety of applications. The benefits include:
- Simple to use/install.
- Standard two coat heavy duty paint application for longevity.
- Sizes available in 2”, 3”, 4”, and 6”.
- Materials available in carbon steel, low temp carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Specialty metals available upon request.
- Alloy 20
- Hastelloy C